Thing 17: Media Skills

Screen shots-- while I had used the snipping tool to take screen shots from my PC, I had no idea I could do this on my phone. (All I had to do was hold down the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.) I did find out that Snaggy only exists as a website, not an app. The Snaggy app is a dating website to "find your next soulmate." LOL. I'm all good there... The exercise also prompted me to think about how I could use screenshots with students. I definitely would use them to give directions.

I played with Pixlr on my phone a bit. I was using my husband's computer and didn't want to install Flashplayer without his permission in order to use it on the computer. I appreciated the tips on how to use Printscreen and how to scan items with my Evernote app. Later, I plan on going back to the lesson later to create my own animated gif. This lesson is fun, but there is so much to it. My husband just informed me that I've been "playing on the computer" for 3 hours...

By the way, here is a picture of me with a giant rooster...

Me with a Giant Rooster

Comments

  1. I hope you told your husband that playing is learning?? :) I added a note to the lesson page that the snaggy tool is web only. Lol! A dating app, guess that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Somehow you turned this in under the Thing10 lesson page, not the the Thing 17: Media Skills topic. Could you delete it from Thing 10 and add it to Thing 17. Google Classroom won't let me make those fixes. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I did this correctly. I went under Thing 10 and clicked "unsubmit" and then went to Thing 17 and clicked "submit." Did it work the way I intended, to delete it from Thing 10 and add it to Thing 17?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 12: Final Reflection

Thing 45: Anything Goes Google