Thing 45: Anything Goes Google



I played with Classroom, Docs, Drive, Slides and Forms. Previously I had some exposure to Google Docs and Google Drive, mainly revolving around sharing documents with teachers and being able to edit them back and forth. I love being able to save things to Google Drive and have access to them anywhere. In school I now use Drive to help students print. Since students don’t have access to the printer, I have them share their Docs with me and I am able to print for them.





I was not as familiar with Slides and Forms. I found Slides to be close enough to Powerpoint that it was pretty easy to manipulate. I could definitely see using slides in presentations for both students and teachers. I had never thought of making the slides interactive. I liked how you could use the Snipping Tool to create matching games within Slides. Forms was very easy to use and even intuitive. I played with making a survey with it and Forms knew what type of answers fit best with the question I was asking, be it short/long answer, multiple choice or check boxes. The idea for self-grading quizzes was brilliant.





Here are some samples of what I was playing with in Slides and Forms to use along with Google Classroom.





Sample Survey in Forms: What do you want?





Sample Activity in Slides: How to Locate a Book





Comments

  1. I've started using Slides more and more lately. So many things you can do with it. And Forms is just so handy. Nice examples!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 17: Media Skills

Thing 12: Final Reflection